Friday, 12 October 2012

Making The Choice

Having the hunger—and finding—satisfaction in God, instead of in society's diversions, is simple, really. We must choose to close the laptop or shut off the phone, and we must choose to seek God through prayer and His Word.

For a long time I've needed to make that choice. I've had to choose to say “no” to this distraction! Resolved myself not to not look at email or blogs or headline news until after my time of Bible study and prayer. It may be a small thing but can make a big difference.
Whatever it takes, let’s be ruthless about not allowing anything to distract us from seeking God through His Word and prayer. We need to choose to sit at Jesus’ feet and find our satisfaction in God alone.
“Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love so that we may rejoice and be glad all our days” (90:14).

                                                 ~Grace~

2 comments:

  1. Hello there Grace,
    It really isn't a "small" thing Grace. It's the thousands of choices we make throughout the days that determining our walk with the Lord.
    I once read a book that said, "We are as close to God as we choose to be." And this statement pierced to the depth of my heart.

    Because when i'm not close to God it is of my own doing. I truly believe that. Thank you for sharing. Because I am on the same quest as you are sister in Christ. :) I'll sit at the precious feet of our beloved Jesus with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, I love reading God's word. But if I don't even do it one day, it can be weeks before I read again! It's not hard for me to stay focused on the word. Because I love it! I find it fascinating and fulfilling...but satan knows I need to do it every single day because if I don't? That's where I fall. And lately I have been working three jobs, and I'm just so tired...so then I can't even find strength to read. But then again...am I really trying to find the strength to read it? I could try harder. Thank you so much for this post Grace. It reminded me, that just because I'm tired? Doesn't give me an excuse not to read...because if i read? I'd find rest and strength there instead of in sleep or other physical things. Thanks again. See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete