Wednesday, 15 February 2012

A gift wrapped in love


   I often wonder why God gave us so much. We could survive on far less. He could have left the world flat and grey; we wouldn't have known the difference. But he didn't. He put orange in the sunrise and splashed the sky with blue. Did he have to make puppies so furry? Was it necessary for birds to sing? How about the funny way that chickens sprint or the beauty of lightning when in strikes? Why give flowers fragrance? Why give food it's delicious taste? Every gift that He bestowed reveals the vast Love he has for us. But no gift displays his love more that the gifts of the cross. This gift came not wrapped in paper, but in love. 

                                             ~Grace~
My beautiful cousin took this photo on the beach in Maui, Hawaii (Thanks for letting me use it!)

2 comments:

  1. This is so true! All of creation screams his existence!
    Hi Grace!I'm following your blog! Anne Katherine @ www.raspberrycappuccino.com. Thank you so much for adding my button to your side bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration Grace! I often think in this sense as well. But in a different way. Thanks for this post. It's a blessing. Have a good week. I can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete