Tuesday, 31 January 2012

One day at a time

      I sat at my desk this evening to try and make sense of my busy schedule. It ended up being a rather frustrating task. In the middle of feeling overwhelmed by a heavy load of future responsibilities and being weighed down by the continuing demands of life, I sensed God telling me, "Take one day at a time". When I listen to friends share their struggles and anxieties, I often find myself saying, "Keep your eyes on Jesus, and take one day at a time." It sounds so simple. Yet there is great relief in realizing that our lives are in the Lords hands. We need to live today as much as we can to the glory of God. The Lord asks us to hand our burdens into his care, for He knows what we need.
 "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."  Matthew 6:34

                                               ~Grace~ 
My own photo (taken last spring)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Grace. You're so right. It is harder than it sounds. WE all deal with something, and the harsh demands of life doesn't help us any! Lol. I constantly worry bout the future. I graduate in 2 and a half years. It seems so short. It's scary to think of leaving, and having to face life on our own...and yet we won't be! what a relief to know that God is for us and with us! With him at our side no one can stand against us! Thanks for the reassurance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that, "Take it one day at a time". Beautiful photograph, as well.

    ReplyDelete