Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Dwelling in Peace

"Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes"  
-Psalm 37:3-7
 One thing above all has enabled me to dwell at peace in the midst of trial: looking to the Lord, focusing my eyes entirely upon God and His wisdom, and love.
True freedom from our troubles is achieved when we follow the steps laid out for us in Psalm 37, when we deliberately set our emotions to delight in the Lord and give our reputation and our future entirely to Him.

As I seek to fill my mind--through Scripture, sermons, and songs--with thoughts of the Lord and who He is and what He has done and what He promises to do, I have been able to experience freedom, peace, and even joy in the midst of trials. This however, doesn't mean the pain or difficulty has gone, but that is not the main focus of my attention. It is the Lord. To Him will I look.

                                                         ~Grace~

No comments:

Post a Comment