Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Daydreaming


 Often I will find my thoughts gliding far away from God and prayer. This can be frustrating and discouraging. When my thoughts used to wander I would say "Oh, forgive me Lord, I wish my mind wouldn't wander like that. Please help me not to........" and then off I would go into another daydream. The causes of this are many, fatigue being the most common. I have no way of avoiding them except praying on your knees.....It could be possible that this keeps your mind more alert. Face it, lying in bed is the perfect place to daydream, not so much on your knees. Nevertheless, it is important to react rightly when you realize what you are doing. What is it, do you think, that brings you back to the point of prayer? Or better, who is it? When I discover myself daydreaming my response now is, "Thank you Lord. Thank you for rescuing me again. I would spend countless times daydreaming if it weren't for you." I no longer wast time in self condemnation or discouragement. But I rejoice in the forever patience of God who never gives up and who calls me constantly back to himself.  

                                                ~Grace~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment